Founded in 2006, the SocIo Civic Action Program or SICAP was initially launched as the socio-civic arm of the School of Saint Anthony. Since its establishment as a non-profit, non-stock institution, it has organized its programs to revolve around five main thrusts: Education, through its Saturday classes, free vocational courses, and scholarship grants; Spiritual Development through religious community projects such as retreats, recollections, and Catechetical Ministry for out-of-school and public school children; Health through its annual Medical and Dental missions; Social Awareness through symposia, seminars, and immersion activities for students of SSA; and Outreach and Relief Programs through its yearly gift-giving to indigents and the elderly, and its relief operations during calamities.
SSA LAGRO SICAP FOUNDATION, Inc. envisions to develop growth opportunities for the marginalized through its initiatives in cooperation with various school sectors, government agencies, organizations and generous individuals.
The SSA LAGRO SICAP Foundation, Inc. aims to:
- promote social awareness and concern through outreach programs;
- develop Anthonians who are imbued with Christian values through their involvement in the various spiritual socio-civic and development programs;
- provide basic and immediate assistance to marginalized communities through its different outreach initiatives such as medical and dental missions, vocational programs, and spiritual development activities;
- provide scholarship grants to underprivileged but deserving students;
- open opportunities for training in the development of work skills through different short courses/vocational programs for adult learners; and
- develop skillful indigent graduates with a deep sense of social responsibility and involvement in responding to the needs of the society.
Specifically, the SSA LAGRO SICAP Foundation, Inc. hopes to:
- provide scholarship through SSA's student financial aid program (SFAP) to deprived but deserving learners;
- give free educational assistance and nutritious snacks on a weekly basis to the street children through the GABAY (Guidance and Basic Assistance to the Youth);
- give donations in kind or in cash to communities affected by calamities;
- tap some companies, generous parents, and alumni in rendering free medical and dental services to indigents;
- invite companies and generous individuals in sponsoring scholars to study at the School of Saint Anthony (SSA);
- tap companies into partnerships so indigents undergoing vocational training at SSA could receive gainful employment; and
- host liturgical and para-Liturgical services for the benefit of the community.
- SSA SICAP FOUNDATION, INC. COPYRIGHT 2012
- 4178565 loc 116